Amazon Prime Day was a huge success for Amazon and many people bought all kinds of products and devices. The entire Kindle line was heavily discounted and the same with the Fire tablets. Prime members purchased more than 300 million items worldwide during Prime Day 2022, making this year’s event the largest Prime Day event in Amazon history. And, more shopping means more savings: Prime members saved more than $1.7 billion, more than any previous Prime Day event.
“Prime Day is a celebration of our Prime members, who look forward to this event every year, and we’re thrilled to have brought them incredible savings once again,” said Doug Herrington, CEO of Amazon Worldwide Stores. “This special event is made possible by the support of our employees, vendors and vendors, and I want to thank everyone for making this a Prime Day to remember.”
“We were thrilled to partner with Amazon for this year’s Prime Day,” said Rob Jackson, Ujamaa Lighting, a high-quality energy-efficient light bulb company based in Austin, Texas. “Being part of Amazon has given Ujamaa exposure to so many new customers beyond those in our local community, which has been invaluable to this small father and son business. We applaud Amazon for their efforts in promoting small businesses and look forward to continuing to work with them in the future.”
Global Prime Day Trends
- Prime members around the world bought more than 100,000 items per minute during this year’s Prime Day event.
- Some of the best-selling categories around the world this Prime Day were Amazon Devices, Consumer Electronics and Home.
- Prime members around the world made the most purchases from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 12 throughout the entire Prime Day event.
- Some of the best-selling items around the world this Prime Day were from premium beauty brands, including LANEIGE and NuFACE; Apple Watch series 7; diapers and baby wipes from Pampers and The Honest Company; kitchen essentials from Rachael Ray, Le Creuset and Hamilton Beach; VTech and LeapFrog toys; Vital Proteins Collagen Whey; Levi’s clothing and accessories; Chemical Guys car wash products; and pet products from NUTRO, TEMPTATIONS and GREENIES.
- Since Prime Day shopping began on July 12, select Fire TV, Echo and Blink devices have been some of the best-selling items on Amazon around the world.
- Customers supported small businesses in the three weeks leading up to Prime Day, generating more than $3 billion in sales for small businesses included in the Support Small Businesses to Win Big sweepstakes.
- Customers bought more than 100 million small business items in the three weeks leading up to Prime Day.
US Prime Day Trends
- Prime members in the US bought more than 60,000 items per minute during this year’s Prime Day event.
- Prime members in the US made the most purchases from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM PT on Wednesday, July 13 during the US Prime Day event.
- Some of the best-selling categories in the US this Prime Day were Consumer Electronics, Home Essentials and Home.
- Some of the best-selling items in the US this Prime Day were premium beauty brands, including LANEIGE and NuFACE; Apple Watch Series 7; Crest Teeth Whitening and Oral-B electric toothbrushes; children’s and baby clothing from Simple Joys by Carter’s; Lunch boxes for kids Bentgo clothing and accessories from Levi’s; Shark vacuums, air purifiers and steam mops; Beats by Dre headphones and earphones; Coleman, Marmot and ExOfficio outdoor clothing and gear; and construction toys including LEGO sets, Magna-Tiles and PLAYMOBIL.
- US customers took advantage of Prime Day to celebrate summer and bought more than 1.2 million sunglasses and more than 1 million swimsuits.
- Since Prime Day shopping began on July 12, select Fire TV, Echo and Blink devices have been some of the best-selling items on Amazon in the US.
- In the three weeks leading up to Prime Day, customers shopped at small businesses included in the Support Small Businesses to Win Big sweepstakes in all 50 US states, with Delaware, New York and Wyoming seeing the highest sales per capita.
- Amazon Live Prime Day broadcasts had more than 100 million views.
- Thousands of creators streamed during Prime Day 2022.
Michael Kozlowski has been writing about audiobooks and e-readers for the last twelve years. His articles have been picked up by major local news sources and websites including the CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post, and the New York Times. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Leave a Comment