Highlights of what’s to come VALORANT Patch 5.12 is certainly radical changes affecting the Chamberbut those changes will not be the only ones made by Riot.
VALORANTcommunity manager published the 5.12 patch notes for the public beta environment tonight, detailing a large list of operator changes that players on PBE Will try this coming weekend. Along with the updates to the agent ability, there are some “major gameplay updates” and a small update to the Spectre.
One of the main focal points of the agent updates is the increased costs of several latter that have “large footprints across the site.” Breach, KAY/O, and Viper final costs increased from seven to eight points. Viper’s Pit also received other nerfs: its smoke integrity regen time increased from five seconds to 25 seconds, and it can only spend about half the time outside the pit before it wears off.
Many Operators with deployable abilities will see those abilities receive a health buff. Cypher’s Trapwire, KAY/O’s ZERO/POINT knife, Killjoy’s Nanoswarm, Raze’s Blast Pack, Sova’s Recon Bolt, and of course Chamber’s Trademark now have 20 health instead of just one.
The newest operator, Harbor, is getting an upgrade to make it more viable. His High Tide water wall now has a 15 second duration instead of just 12 seconds, and his Cascade water wall duration is from five to seven seconds.
Fade’s Prowler health has decreased, Killjoy’s Lockdown Device health has increased, Omen’s Paranoia cost has decreased, Raze’s Boom Bot health has decreased, and Phoenix’s Blaze cost has decreased.
Sage’s barrier orb fortification delay has been increased, and her healing orb heals herself less, but her allies more. Skye’s Trailblazer costs more, but her Regrowth costs less. Yoru’s Gatecrash has less health, but also costs less.
Across all Operators as a whole, “damaging abilities will now universally damage damageable enemy objects.” Essentially, any ability that deals damage will be able to damage an enemy utility piece.
Finally, the Specter’s damage range has been changed. From zero to 15 yards, body shots deal 26 damage. From 15 to 30 meters, 22 damage is dealt. And from more than 30 meters, the weapon deals 20 damage. Previously, body shots from zero to 20 meters dealt 26 damage and shots from more than 20 meters dealt 22 damage.
The current PBE testing period for 5.12 changes runs until 1pm CT on Monday, December 1. 5.
All Agent Ability Changes Coming to VALORANT in Patch 5.12
- Rolling Thunder final cost increased from seven to eight.
- updated stability curve
- The spread increased after the second bullet when sending spam. This is explicitly intended to reduce low-precision melee spamming as an effective combat measure.
- The camera now places a unique anchor that can be teleported to while in range.
- The diameter increased from 15 meters to 26 meters.
- Removed teleport activation height restriction.
- You can teleport to the Anchor while in a different verticality as long as you are within its radius.
- Weapon equip time after teleporting increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.7 seconds.
- Headhunter is not affected by this change.
- Destroying Rendezvous’s teleport anchor now disables it for the rest of the round, instead of putting it on a cooldown.
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when retrieving its anchor after teleporting.
- The trap now has a restricted range
- The trademark will deactivate when the camera is moved out of range and will reactivate once it is inside.
- Now you can recall mid round
- Does not require line of sight.
- 30 second cooldown on recall.
- The destruction remains permanent.
- Initial arming time increased from two seconds to four seconds.
- Health increased from one to 20.
Tour of Force (X)
- The fire rate decreased by 57.5 percent.
- This applies to both the trademark and the Tour De Force.
- Reduced from 50 percent to 40 percent.
- Duration reduced from six seconds to four seconds.
- Size reduced by 30 percent.
- Trapwire health increased from one to 20.
- Prowler health reduced from 100 to 60.
- High Tide duration increased from 12 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Cascade duration increased from five seconds to seven seconds.
- ZERO/POINT knife health increased from one to 20.
- Final NULL/cmd cost increased from seven to eight.
- Lockdown max health increased from 150 to 200.
- Nanoswarm health increased from one to 20.
- Paranoia cost reduced from 300 to 250.
- Blaze cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Boom Bot health reduced from 100 to 60.
- Blast Pack health increased from one to 20.
- Barrier Orb Fortification delay increased from 3.0 to 3.3 seconds.
- Healing Orb self-heal decreased from 60 health to 30 health.
- Healing Orb allies healing increased from 60 HP to 100 HP.
- Recon Bolt health increased from one to 20.
- Trailblazer cost increased from 250 to 300.
- Respawn cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Viper’s Pit smoke integrity regen time increased from five seconds to 25 seconds.
- The maximum time allowed out of the Viper’s Pit was reduced from 15 seconds to eight seconds.
- Viper’s Pit final cost increased from seven to eight points.
- Gatecrash health decreased from 100 to 60.
- Gatecrash cost decreased from 200 to 150.